Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Operations Analyst
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Engineering â€“ Information Security
About the Role
- The team is looking for a Security Operations Analyst who will defend against cybersecurity incidents and identify, analyze, communicate and contain incidents as they occur.
What Your Day-to-Day Activities Will Be
- To conduct network monitoring and intrusion detection analysis using various computer network defense tools, such as intrusion detection/prevention systems, firewalls, and host-based security systems
- Conduct log-based and endpoint-based threat detection to detect and protect against threats coming from multiple sources
- Deploy cloud-centric detection to detect threats related to cloud environments and services used by the organization
- Correlate activity across assets (endpoint, network, apps) and environments (on-premises, cloud) to identify patterns of anomalous activity
- Review alerts and data from sensors, and documents formal, technical incident reports
- Work with threat intelligence and/or threat-hunting teams
- Provide network subscribers with incident response support, including mitigating actions to contain activity and facilitating forensics analysis when necessary
- Support the creation of business continuity/disaster recovery plans, including conducting disaster recovery tests, publishing test results, and making changes necessary to address deficiencies
- Work with security information and event management (SIEM) to manage/tune the system, create/manage the detection content and actively watch for alerts
- Correlate network, cloud, and endpoint activity across environments to identify attacks and unauthorized use
- Research emerging threats and vulnerabilities to aid in the identification of incidents
- Provide users with incident response support, including mitigating actions to contain activity and facilitating forensics analysis when necessary
- Perform security standards testing against computers before implementation to ensure security
Required Competency and Skillset to be a Waver
- B.Sc or MA in Computer Science, Information Security, Cybersecurity, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience in IT audit, enterprise risk management, penetration tester, red team/incident responder, or as a junior security operations analyst.
- 2+ years of experience with regulatory compliance and information security management frameworks (such as International Organization for Standardization [IS0] 27000, COBIT, National Institute of Standards and Technology [NIST] 800)
- Experience working with error and solution tracking systems
- Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one
- High degree of technical aptitude, knowing how hardware and software interact, and able to identify problems when they occur
- Has good judgment and a sense of urgency, and has demonstrated commitment to high standards of ethics, regulatory compliance, customer service and business integrity
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to all project members and stakeholders.
- Highest ethical standards and values
- Pays meticulous attention to detail.
- Confident, energetic self-starter, with strong interpersonal skills
- Instinctive and creative
Desired, but not required:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Application Closing Date