The Bible Society of Nigeria is a member of the United Bible Societies (UBS), a global fellowship of Non-Denominational Christian organization whose primary mission involves translation of the Holy Scriptures into languages people can easily read and understand as well as production and distribution of the scriptures in various forms to meet the different needs of everyone. It also organizes life transforming programmes to engage people with the scriptures and raise fund for its activities.
To fulfil its mission and mandate, the Bible Society of Nigeria and Bible Guest House, Research and Development Center are recruiting experienced and qualified Christian professionals from different work spheres to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Porter
Location: Wuse Zone 5, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose of the Job
- To ensure that all guests are properly checked into their rooms, acquaint guest to the facilities in the room and ensure everything in the room is intact before checkout.
- Help to carry guestsâ€™ luggage during check in and check out
- Fixing of minor issues like changing of light, bulbs, cleaning of work areas including entrance
- Helping guests /customers acquaint with the facilities in the room
- Interact with customers and clients professionally
- Ensure everything in the room is intact before check out
- Carry out other responsibilities assigned by the manager while maintaining professional composure always.
- Welcome guests to the hotel and carry their luggage.
- Answer queries about the hotel and make reservations.
- Arrange taxis and book tickets.
- Run errands, such as picking up dry cleaning.
- Take messages.
- Give directions.
- Move furniture or equipment to set up rooms for events.
- Respond to safety and security issues
- Ordinary Diploma in any related field or Secondary School Certificate.
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years cognate experience.
- Good time management skills, attention to details and good interpersonal communication, (written and verbal communication). Computer knowledge is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
4th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should forward their Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.