Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organization in Nigeria, implementing programmes in malaria prevention, and treatment, Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, new-born, and child health care. SFH ignites the power of health system thinking and market shaping to transform health outcomes.
An emerging pan African organisation, we provide a partnership platform to communities, donors, the private sector and government to co-create and implement actions that create real and measurable impact at individual, family, society and country levels. In a career at SFH, you will be the centre of making all these happen. You will be joining a team of problem solvers, with real passion to change the world in a fast-paced environment. We are a truly Nigerian rooted organisation with global standards and a diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive, and collaborative â€” and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
We are recruiting passionate, self-motivated, and highly qualified individuals to fill the underlisted vacant position, in response to organisational expansion:
Job Title: Nurse
Job ID: sfh-51222
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for talented people with a track record of high performance and passion for providing healthcare for their community to join our vibrant workforce under our Enhancing PHC for UHC (A2F) scheme. SFH is recruiting staff to work in PHC facilities in Delta State.
- The successful candidate will work in one of the SFHâ€™s PHC centres in Delta State under the scheme.
- Must be a qualified and registered Nurse with skills to coordinate care for every patient.
- He/she will be responsible for managing the individualized patient care by promoting and restoring patientsâ€™ health through the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; and supervising assigned team members.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Assessing and planning nursing care requirements
- Providing pre- and post- operation care
- Monitoring and administering medication and intravenous infusions
- Routinely checking patient vital signs and recording accordingly
- Assist in medical or surgical procedures as needed.
- Perform wound care
- Maintain confidentiality in matters relating to patient and family members
- Providing emotional support to patients and relatives.
- Writing reports.
Qualifications / Experience
- Possess any of the following qualifications â€“ B.Sc Nursing or RN and RM qualifications.
- Must have completed the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme (applicable to B.Sc Nursing graduates only)
- Must have a minimum of 2 years professional experience; especially with primary health care services
- Valid practicing licence from Nursing & Midwifery Council of Nigeria for 2022
- Must be computer literate and proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite at the minimum. Other computer skills will be of added advantage
Skills and Competencies required:
- Excellent skills in Clinical Nursing services.
- Experience with primary healthcare services in the community setting, as well as community education, advocacy, and mobilisation skills.
- Good relationship management/ interpersonal skills, as well as interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member and be able to function independently on the job whenever necessary.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on patientsâ€™ medical records
- Ability to cope with stress and to organise and prioritize workload
- Can speak some local language in state of implementation, ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is based on industry standards, and designed to attract, motivate, and incentivise talented individuals.
Application Closing Date
1st July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply.