NorthStan Limited is a reputable Oil and Gas company situated at Ibeju-Lekki, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos in Nigeria. We have subsidiaries in Real Estate & Property Development, Power Generation, Renewable Energy & Agriculture companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- It is highly essential that the candidate has a Strong Litigation background to be able to maintain relationships with external solicitors and management of the companyâ€™s numerous litigation portfolios.
- It is essential the candidate has a good knowledge of the Nigerian Petroleum Industry Act and Agricultural Laws.
- Drafting, vetting and preparation of routine contracts pertaining to property, license, non-disclosure agreements, intellectual property rights etc., vetting tender documents, handling arbitration matters and civil suits before various courts of law should any arise and co-ordination with law consultants.
- Drafting, vetting and preparation of MOAs, MOUs, Bank guarantee, Indemnity Bonds if any, Undertakings and authority letters, vendor contracts, legal contracts, briefs, deeds, leases, JVAs, and other legal papers.
- Review of Agreements and provision of legal advice and opinions to Management Prepare and draft all legal documents and agreements relating to ICNLâ€™s operations (e.g. supplier contract, insurance contracts, employee contracts, service level agreements) for the Managing Director for review.
- Provide company secretarial services â€“ attendance of board meetings, keeping of minutes, board resolutions and filings with Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Attendance of court proceedings and liaison with law enforcement agencies.
- Provide useful inputs in the formulation of deals and contracts.
- Prepare all relevant documents needed for filing statutory reports.
- Assist in obtaining and renewing statutory permits from NPA, SON, MAN, NIMASA, NEPC, COREN, etc.
- Preparation and perfection of property title documents â€“ leases, Deed of Assignment and contract of sale.
- Maintain all legal documentation within the department ensuring proper filing and completeness.
- Follow up with relevant departments on outstanding legal documents/responses.
- Drafting and Vetting of all legal documents and co-ordination with lawyers to ensure documents are legally sound.
- Management of all Consultant Contracts. (B). Liaison with Government Offices and Consultant Lawyers.
- Visit to competent Authorities for documentations, follow up and keeping the record of the same.
Handling of court cases:
- Preparation of case drafts.
- Coordination and briefing/discussion with the lawyers for legal cases and to negotiate the fee structure.
- Coordinate and make arrangements required for arbitration proceedings and provide the required documents to appointed advocate for proceeding of arbitration.
- Follow up with advocates for updating of legal cases.
- Follow up with concerned officers of the company to attend the court cases.
- Attend the meetings /conferences as and when required /directed by superiors.
- Candidates should possess a BL / LLB / JD, LLM Degree with 8-10 years work experience.
- Candidate must be Male.
N100,000 â€“ N150,000 / Month.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.