Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organization in Nigeria, implementing programmes in malaria prevention, and treatment, Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, new-born, and child health care. SFH ignites the power of health system thinking and market shaping to transform health outcomes.
We are recruiting passionate, self-motivated, and highly qualified individuals to fill the underlisted vacant position, in response to organizational expansion:
Job Title: Internal Audit Manager
Job ID: sfh-17356
Employment Type: Full-time
- An emerging pan African organization, we provide a partnership platform to communities, donors, the private sector and government to co-create and implement actions that create real and measurable impact at individual, family, society and country levels. In a career at SFH, you will be the centre of making all these happen.
- You will be joining a team of problem solvers, with real passion to change the world in a fast-paced environment.
- We are a truly Nigerian rooted organization with global standards and a diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive, and collaborative â€“ and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
- The Internal Auditor Manager must be self-driven individual who will be responsible for conducting audits of the organization, preparing audit reports and highlighting issues relating to internal controls & risk management.
- The Internal Audit Manager must possess in-depth knowledge and capabilities to be able to execute audit assignments whilst using a systematic approach to examine and evaluate the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of organisationâ€™s risk management processes, internal control systems and recommend corrective actions, improve efficiency and reduce operational costs where possible.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Review of financial activities of Sub-recipients and Sub-contractors to ensure compliance to contract terms, donor rules and regulations.
- Audit of SFH field offices to ensure compliance to policies and complete documentation relating to Project donors.
- Conduct semi-annual review of SFH Head Office project operations to ensure compliance with policies and procedures of SFH and donor rules on financial reporting, procurement, payroll etc.
- Assist in supervising/reviewing Officers deliverables to ensure they meet stated standards.
- To serve as an observer during mid-year and annual stock count and fixed asset count for assigned Projects.
- Assess internal control systems in place and make recommendations.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a First Degree in Accounting or its equivalent in a relevant field.
- Must possess the ACA qualification.
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) yearsâ€™ experience in NGO Audit or Compliance related experience with progressively increasing responsibility in supervising and leading audit jobs and making reasonable recommendations to Management.
- Possession of CISA qualification will be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies required:
- Analytical Skills and IT audit knowledge.
- Knowledge of Risk-based, Agile Audit and financial audit and controls.
- Knowledge of Risk Management, IT audit, investigation, audit analytical tool and ERP.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking capabilities (frauds, IIA standards etc).
- Good team spirit, goal oriented and target focused.
- Good command of English language communication and presentation skills.
- Good initiative, analytical thinking and strategic focus.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
Application Closing Date
8th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.