TotalEnergies is a broad energy company that produces and markets fuels, natural gas and electricity. A leading player in the energies industry with activities in more than 130 countries worldwide, we are committed to energy that is more affordable, more reliable, and cleaner, in compliance with the highest safety and environmental standards.
To be part of this dynamic global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees worldwide, TotalEnergies EP Nigeria Limited welcomes applications from suitably qualified Nigerians for the position below:
Job Title: Economist
Offer ID: 59314BR
Branch: Exploration and Production
Employment Type: Regular position
Metier: Strategy Economics
- Carry out economic studies for development projects, exploration wells and new business deals, project sanction dossiers
- Carry out economic studies for non-routine/transverse business activities
- Present and explain the results of economic studies to the Groupâ€™s decision authorities (i.e. TUCN management, CDEP, BR, COVAL, CORISK/COMEX)
- Prepare presentations and reports introducing conclusions and recommendations.
- Asset types : PSC / PSA
- Critical Contacts : Heads of Departments / Asset managers / Asset Finance / Corporate Budget.
- Actively participate in delivering annual planning exercises: the E&P Long Term Plan, Budget, PRIME reserves calculation, Exploration & Appraisal budget, ASC932 Cash Flow reporting to the US stock exchange, etc
- Liaise with the Headquarter Economist and FE/ECO on all studies done for validation committees
- Develop improved interfaces with technical and financial entities to improve quality and deliverability of economic analysis.
- Represent TUCN with members of negotiating teams from other operating / government of Nigeria.
- Take a lead in the development, audit and validation Microsoft Excel tools /models used for economic evaluations
- Develop and validate Microsoft Excel tools/models used at the head office or in the subsidiary for economic studies
- Elaborate (along with HQ FE/ECO/MET) economic methods and define their application mode
- Keep abreast of new approaches and proposed alternative approaches to Economic studies
- Proactively develop internal know-how, methods and methodology.
Context and Environment:
The Nigerian fiscal, contractual and business regime is complex. TUCN is a large affiliate with numerous assets, projects and economics models to understand and manage.
- Tight deadlines
- Occasional heavy workload and tight deadlines
- This challenging business environment necessitates a highly competent Economics team to help deliver profitable growth in line with DGEP targets.
- The job holder is expected to question and challenge data and information, demonstrating perseverance and tenacity, in order to arrive at the most sound position/conclusion.
- A high degree of independent working is required
- The Economist must have good technical knowledge in order to query client contacts, with the objective to secure relevant and appropriate information
We are looking for young professionals who are motivated and passionate, with excellent academic achievement. Interested applicants should have:
- B.Sc or M.Sc (or equivalent) in a Technical, Finance or Economics discipline
- 0 â€“ 3 years experience in Oil and Gas industry
- Highly experienced in the use of Microsoft excel and economics modelling, high level of computer literacy â€“ Microsoft Excel / Visual Basic
- Fluent in English
- Team player, stable, thoughtful, responsible, good communication skills, with a clear potential to learn and with synthesis capabilities to exchange with senior management.
- Experience in technical upstream â€śmetierâ€ť: preferable but not mandatory.
Application Closing Date
5th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interview Location: LAGOS-EKO1 TWR (NGA)
- All applications must be completed online
- Applicants are advised to submit only one application per position to avoid disqualification.
- TotalEnergies EP Nigeria Limited, and its approved recruitment consultants, will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application. Anyone demanding such is not an authorized TotalEnergies representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- TotalEnergies EP Nigeria Limited will not take responsibility for any careers / job vacancies placed outside this advert or Total Energies careers website careers.totalenergies.com
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.