The US Government TechWomen initiative will identify 100 women in STEM fields from countries in Africa, Central and South Asia, and the Middle East to participate in the 2023 program.
TechWomen participants are selected based on the eligibility requirements below. Applications are reviewed by independent selection committees composed of industry leaders and regional experts. Semifinalists may be interviewed by United States Embassy personnel in their country of permanent residence.
Application Deadline: 6th January 2023 09:00AM PDT (GMT-07:00)
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe
To be taken at (country): USA
Eligible Field of Study: Any STEM fields
Type: Training, Fellowship
Number of Awardees: 100 women
Value of US Government TechWomen Program: International travel, housing, meals and incidentals, local transportation and transportation to official TechWomen events are covered by the TechWomen program. Participants are responsible for the cost of any non-program activities in which they wish to partake, such as independent sightseeing and non-program-related travel.
Duration of US Government TechWomen Program: The 2023 TechWomen program will occur over five weeks from September 2023 â€“ October 2023. Due to the fast-paced nature of the program, arrival and departure dates are not flexible.
Eligibility: To be eligible, you must;
- Be women with, at minimum, two years full-time professional experience in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields. Please note that internships and other unpaid work experience does not count toward the two-year professional experience requirement.
- Have, at minimum, a bachelorâ€™s degree/four-year university degree or equivalent.
- Be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Be citizens and permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe at the time of application and while participating in the program.
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa.
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States (other than the Diversity Immigrant Visa, also known as the â€śvisa lotteryâ€ť) in the past five years.
- Not hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
How to Apply: Kindly contact techwoman program regarding application process.